This Privacy Notice explains the Privacy Practices of Boston Indemnity Group, Inc., refers to member insurers of the Boston Indemnity Group, Inc. which includes: Boston Indemnity Company, Inc.; Lexon Surety Group, LLC refers to Boston Indemnity Group, Inc., and member insurers of Lexon Surety Group, which includes: Lexon Insurance Company; Bond Safeguard Insurance Company; Boston Indemnity Company, Inc.; and Peninsular Surety Company (collectively “BIG”). This Privacy Notice explains the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information that may be collected by BIG anytime you visit the BIG website. Your privacy is a priority at BIG, so please take a moment to carefully read the following to learn more about our information practices.
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. BIG will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
In some of our email messages we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer for us not to receive this information, simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
2. Agent, Agency, and Broker Accounts. In order to access some of the services on this site, you may be required to open a password-protected account, which may require you to provide certain information and data (“Registration Data”). These portions of the website contain content that is specific to current or prospective agents, agencies or brokers. Registration Data obtained by BIG through the registration process is kept confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties unless permitted or required by law. Certain information collected from Agents, Agencies, or Brokers is collected via an online tool which is owned and operated by a third party, Vertafore. Vertafore’s Privacy Policies and Practices may vary from those of BIG. We are not responsible for their privacy practices, and we encourage you to review their privacy policies. Additionally, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, as further defined in BIG’S Legal Notice and Terms and Conditions of Use.
3. How BIG Protects Personal Information. In the event that BIG collects personal information through this website, BIG will take reasonable precautions—including certain administrative, technical, and physical measures—to safeguard that personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While BIG will make reasonable efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining personal information. BIG will never purposely share your information with anyone without your permission to do so and BIG will never sell your information to a third party.
4. Privacy of Children. It is BIG’S policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws. BIG does not seek or knowingly collect the personal information of children, nor are any portions of this website directed at children.
5. Links to Sites of Other Companies. Our website may have links to the sites of other companies. We are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
6. Further Questions Regarding Privacy. If you have questions or concerns about BIG’s Website Privacy policies and practices, please contact us.
Boston Indemnity Group, Inc.
Attention: Website Privacy Inquiries
21 High Street, Suite 208 B
North Andover, MA 01845